Qantas announce international sale and a new frequent flyer… – Travel Weekly
Qantas has launched a sale with discounted fares to 26 destinations across the airline’s international network and will launch a new route between Melbourne and Jakarta.
More than 170, 000 seats are up for grabs, with the sale fares up to 35 per cent below the normal lead-in fares. Discounts vary from route to route and selected travel dates and days apply.
Examples of some of the sale fares include:
- Melbourne – Delhi from $999 return
- Melbourne – London from $1, 699 return
- Melbourne – Singapore from $759 return
- Melbourne – Dallas/Fort Worth from $1, 899 return
- Sydney – Los Angeles from $1, 299 come back
- Sydney – Santiago from $1, 699 return
- Sydney – Bengaluru from $999 return
- Questionnaire – Seoul from $949 return
- Brisbane – Singapore from $759 return
- Perth – Singapore from $599 return
The sale runs until Tuesday, 7 February 2023, unless sold out prior. *
From 16 April 2023, the national carrier will operate three weekly return flights among Melbourne and the Indonesian capital with its widebody Airbus A330 aircraft (the flights are subject to regulatory and government approval).
The new service adds to Qantas’ flight from Sydney and will increase seats to and from Jakarta by more than 6, 600 per month, supporting the growing trade and tourism links in between Australia and Indonesia. The route is also expected to be popular with travellers connecting to and from other major Indonesian cities such as Surabaya and Medan.
Melbourne-Jakarta is the third new international route out of Melbourne to be added to the Qantas network since borders reopened, following the launch of flights to Delhi and Dallas Fort Worth as the airline responds to strong demand for travel.
Qantas domestic plus international CEO Andrew David said the airline was excited to be expanding its international network from Melbourne, “We expect these flights to be popular with Victoria’s large Indonesian expat community wanting to visit family and friends back home as well as offering a new gateway for travellers looking to explore the region. ”
“Victoria is an incredibly important part of our network and we’re seeing strong demand for travel to and through Melbourne. ”
In other Flying Kangaroo news, pet owners and frequent flyers Australia wide can rejoice after as a new partnership enabling points to earnt by shopping at PETstock was announced.
As of 1 February, PETstock customers can now choose to earn Qantas Points when shopping online or from hundreds of PETstock stores around Australia, expanding on the existing PETstock Rewards program.
Qantas Frequent Flyers will earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent in PETstock and 5 bonus Qantas Points per dollar spent when making repeat purchases of participating brands stocked in store or online.
Pet owners will also be eligible to earn Qantas Points on PETstock’s wide range of eligible services including grooming, puppy school and veterinary services.
- Join PETstock Rewards
- Choose to earn Qantas Points
- Simply shop in-store or log in online in order to earn Qantas Points
- Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on everyday pet supplies and veterinary solutions.
- Earn 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent on grooming and puppy school.
- Generate 5 bonus Qantas Points per $1 spent when you purchase the same participating brand again within the qualifying period.
<! -- –>