PetSmart Partners with Interior Designers Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent to Launch a New Collection that Brings Style, Beauty and Function to Pet Parents – PR Newswire
The exclusive Nate + Jeremiah for PetSmart line features furniture, accessories and décor for small pets, reptiles and fish
PHOENIX , Sept. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — PetSmart is elevating specialty pet and home décor with world-renowned interior designers Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent by launching an exclusive collection allowing pets and pet parents to live more beautifully, stylishly, and comfortably – together. From a faux leather couch for guinea pigs plus hamsters to a mahogany stand to showcase aquatic life, the collection is a first of its kind for the specialty pet category and features items that can be layered into a variety of looks and styles. Nate + Jeremiah for PetSmart products are thoughtfully created to give pets everything they need in an environment that’s perfect for them and the people who love them.
“We’ll do anything with regard to pets and, with this new collection, pet parents won’t have to sacrifice their personal aesthetic to provide a wonderful home for them, ” said Stacia Andersen , executive vice president and chief customer officer at PetSmart. “We see pet parents taking greater interest in integrating their pets into their homes and, simply by bringing together Nate and Jeremiah and our unmatched expertise in pet care, we’ve created a line that is every bit as beautiful as it is functional. We hope to inspire people to share their living spaces with the pets they love and make their habitats the statement piece in the room. ”
Berkus plus Brent are known around the world for their stylish aesthetics and accessible home collections. Their partnership with PetSmart gave them a new opportunity to create environments and products regarding pets.
“We wanted to create a collection intended for PetSmart that helps bring people and pets even closer together, ” Berkus said. “Our design philosophy will be rooted in making spaces feel warm and inviting. With this collection, our hope is that we’ve been able to give pets the same level of functionality and style as their pet parents. ”
The two drew inspiration from the sleek lines of midcentury modern design plus pulled in colors, materials and textures that have an organic and natural feel.
“We loved the challenge of bringing spaces and atmospheres to life that not only feel rich with personality but can also be worked into a variety of designs. The idea was to create furniture and accessories that are contemporary but also timeless – items that tell the story of the individuals and pets who live there, ” Brent stated.
The Nate + Jeremiah for PetSmart collection includes:
- Décor and add-ons for hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils and other small pets, such as faux leather and Sherpa sofas for relaxation, a yurt for dog privacy, and different aesthetically pleasing chews and grass for foraging and mental stimulation.
- An assortment of stands in a variety of water-resistant finishes, including spiced mahogany, raven oak plus faux marble. Pet mother and father can use the stands for fish aquariums, reptile terrariums or small pet habitats, and each offers ample storage space with drawers and cord management.
- Aquatic components and décor that suit different species of fish, including wooden archways and ribbed stone towers that give seafood swimming and hiding areas. Decorative plants from the collection provide fish shelter and allow pet parents to further customize their aquariums.
- Accessories perfect for bearded dragons, lizards, snakes and other reptiles to relax and bask in warmth and light, which includes a wood tower and stone bask and hide that reference the environments, colors and textures of their natural habitats.
- Easy-to-clean, modern food and water dishes for a variety of species that match the aesthetic of the pet’s space as well as that from the pet parents.
For more information on the exclusive Nate + Jeremiah to get PetSmart line, including ways to shop, visit petsmart. com/nate-and-jeremiah .
PetSmart LLC is the leading pet retailer offering products, services plus solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets and we believe pets make us better people. Every day along with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring family pet parents closer to their animals so together they can live more fulfilled lives. This vision impacts every thing we do for our customers, the way we support our associates and how we give back to our communities.
PetSmart operates approximately 1, 660 pet stores inside the United States , Canada and Puerto Rico , as well as more than 200 in-store PetSmart PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. We provide a broad range of competitively priced pet food and products, as well as services such as dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp™ and pet adoption. PetSmart, PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities® of Canada work with nearly 4, 000 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets into stores so they have the best chance possible of finding a forever house.
Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated over 10 million adoptions, more than any other brick-and-mortar organization.