Pet Paradise– a boarding, grooming, & vet care facility opening first… – Bham Now
Pet Paradise will be opening a new grooming, boarding and veterinary care facility in 2023.
The company currently has 50 locations across nine states but the Tattersall Park project will be their first location in Alabama.
Family pet Paradise journey to Hoover
In 2021, the Haier City Council gave approval for the 15, 000 square foot facility to be constructed in Tattersall Park next to Greystone on Highway 280.
According to Pet Paradise attorney Charlie Beavers , the development represents a $6 million investment for the company and will employ about 25 people.
Amenities and services
Pet Paradise’s new location will be able to house up to 175 pets at a time. The resort will offer several different services, including:
- Dog and cat boarding
- Veterinary care
- Day camp
Other pet amenities at the resort include:
- Webcams for guests to check on their pets
- Play groups based on age and activity level
- Swimming pools and misting areas
- Jungle gyms and toys
- Air-conditioned suites
Following some Greystone residents’ concerns with potential noise in the neighborhood, Councilman Mike Shaw noted that the council initially denied a request for PetSuites Resort on John Hawkins Parkway within 2018 and only voted in favor of it after requiring additional soundproofing to the walls.
According to an article in 280 Living , the council approved other conditions for Pet Paradise recommended by the Hoover Planning and Zoning Commission, including:
- Impervious fencing must be installed to keep all outdoor pet areas screened from public view
- Lights must be cast down to eliminate light pollution toward neighbors
- An underground waste treatment process approved by the city engineer must be set up
- The dumpster must be serviced an “adequate number of times” per week to lessen odors
- Concrete block exterior walls must be split-faced
Pet Paradise will be located at 6265 Tattersall Blvd and is expected to open to the public later this year.