Heart + Paw veterinary, grooming, and daycare centers announce… – DVM 360
Heart + Paw, a multi-service pet care company announced a new co-ownership model, providing an opportunity for entrepreneur-minded veterinarians to design, build, and co-own a Heart + Paw practice. 1
Currently, the Heart + Paw portfolio includes 10 de novo practices and 18 family partner locations and for a total of 28 locations across 10 states. Going forward, co-owned, brand new de novo practices will be the predominant model driving growth in the Coronary heart + Paw portfolio, with new locations sought up and down the East Coast.
“We’ve designed an exciting, new co-ownership program that makes veterinary practice ownership in reach for entrepreneur-minded veterinarians. We are leveraging our deep experience building and owning veterinary practices by partnering along with veterinarians who want to lead the future of veterinary medicine, ” said Heart + Paw Chief Executive Officer David Lasus. “Our veterinary co-owners will lead their practices while Center + Paw provides them with expanded business expertise, mentorship, a community of like-minded practice owners and a best-in-class support team. ”
Heart + Paw works with prospective veterinarian co-owners to align on desired geography and ensure fit within the Cardiovascular + Paw community. Then, if needed, Heart + Paw will facilitate an arrangement with preferred lenders that provides access to the funding needed for co-ownership, a possibility that may be insurmountable to many who wish to own their own practice. Once approved, the team works together to identify the site, custom-design, build, and open a Heart + Paw de novo location. The co-owner and Heart + Paw are partners throughout the entire process, allowing for the new Heart + Foot location to be tailored to the skill set and expertise of veterinarian co-owner.
Some of the many signature elements of the Heart + Paw de novo centers include:
- A welcoming family room courtyard where pet parents are encouraged to stay and work while their loved one is undergoing a procedure;
- Separate canine and feline exam rooms designed to minimize patient stress with comfortable floor exam pads, lift tables, and cat-friendly exam shelving;
- Separate state-of-the-art surgery and dental suites equipped with the most advanced equipment such as digital dental radiology, ultrasound, heated surgery tables, surgery lasers, state-of-the-art monitoring equipment;
- Team-focused design with staff break room plus doctors’ offices;
- Thoughtfully designed complementary services such as Grooming and Daycare with a focus on low stress, staff well-being, and client transparency; and
- A client portal with real-time scheduling to deliver high-quality medical care, a superior customer experience and more!
Each co-owner will lead their own Heart + Paw exercise supported by a veterinarian-led operations team who provide medical and business guidance. Founded by a veterinarian in 2018, Coronary heart + Paw was started to reimagine pet care and deliver pet-focused signature low-stress veterinary care experience for pets and pet parents. Each Heart + Paw is fully supported with a veterinary-led operations team and a community of like-minded veterinarians. The co-ownership model offers a turnkey, technologically forward practice; a comprehensive benefits package, and the ability to grow and share in the profits produced by the exercise, according to a news release from the organization.
“We’re actively seeking and partnering along with like-minded veterinarians who want to guide the future of the profession plus serve as an integral part of their local community, ” said Heart + Paw co-founder and Chief Veterinary Officer Dr . George Melillo. “At Center + Paw, we empower your team to do their best work by providing them with the autonomy and a support network that includes training, mental and physical health benefit packages and attractive financial incentives. ”
- Award-winning Heart + Foot veterinary, grooming, and daycare centers announce co-ownership program. News release. Heart + Paw. January 10, 2023. Accessed January 11, 2023. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/award-winning-heart–paw-veterinary-grooming-and-daycare-centers-announce-co-ownership-program-301713664.html