7 Best Pet Insurance Companies in New Mexico (2022) – MarketWatch
Pet insurance is an important purchase; it adds value to most pet owners’ wallets and provides crucial emergency coverage for their pets. Whether you live in Albuquerque, Las Cruces or another city in the Land of Enchantment, you have access to several excellent pet insurance companies in New Mexico.
We at the Home Media reviews team have dedicated hundreds of hours to researching and analyzing the top pet insurance companies based on their costs, plans and customer service. Below, we rounded up our dog insurance recommendations for New South america residents.
New Mexico’s 7 Top Pet Insurance Companies
Based on our thorough evaluation, these are the seven best pet insurance providers in the state of New Mexico:
Coverage: Lemonade offers one accident-and-illness plan that reimburses you for vet bills related to your pet’s covered injuries and illnesses. Covered services include crisis care, diagnostics, hospitalization and operation costs related to conditions such as broken bones, bite wounds, cancer or allergies. The policy excludes preexisting conditions, behavioral therapy, dental illness and elective or cosmetic procedures.
Lemonade also provides wellness plans for vet visits and routine care, such as heartworm tests, dental care cleanings and vaccines.
We got quotes for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Albuquerque, N. M., with different deductibles, coverage limits and reimbursements percentages:
- Dogs: $14–$35 per month
- Cats: $10–$23 per month
Get a quote: Use Lemonade’s online quote tool to get a customized price and sign up for your policy.
To learn more: Lemonade Pet Insurance Review
Coverage: Spot’s accident-only policy covers conditions such as fractures and bite wounds. The accident-and-illness plan offers between $2, 500 and unlimited annual coverage for accidents and a variety of illnesses.
Some common coverages include cancer, heart disease, behavioral issues and allergies. Spot excludes preexisting conditions, elective procedures and breeding and pregnancy costs.
The routine care plan covers wellness costs such as annual checkups and vaccines. The Gold plan costs $10 per month and provides $250 of coverage. For $25 per month, the Platinum strategy extends coverage to $450 per year.
The average quotes below are for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Albuquerque, N. M, based on a range of coverage limits, deductibles and reimbursement rates:
- Dogs: $18–$135 per month
- Cats: $9–$84 per month
Get a quote: To customize your Spot family pet insurance policy, get a quotation on Spot’s website .
To learn more: Spot Pet Insurance Review
Coverage: Embrace gives accident-and-illness coverage and wellness care. The accident-and-illness program provides $5, 000 to $30, 000 of coverage for dental trauma, cancer and other conditions. It does not cover preexisting conditions, cosmetic or even elective procedures, or breeding costs.
The Wellness Rewards plan reimburses routine treatment costs such as grooming, annual wellness checkups and flea prevention. Embrace reimburses up to your choice of $250, $450 or $650 of annual benefits.
Based on sample quotes all of us gathered for 4-year-old, mixed-breed pets in Albuquerque, N. M., using varying protection caps, reimbursements and deductibles, costs range as follows:
- Dogs: $12–$54 per month
- Cats: $8–$32 each month
Get a quote: Fill out Embrace’s form for a free quote on your policy.
To learn more: Embrace Pet Insurance Evaluation
Coverage: Healthy Paws has an accident-and-illness plan that offers limitless coverage on vet bills for your pet’s covered incidents and illnesses, such as methods, hospital stays and rehabilitation. It doesn’t cover preexisting conditions, spaying and neutering, or preventive care. It also excludes hip dysplasia during the first 12 months of insurance coverage.
The quotes below are for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats within Albuquerque, N. M.:
- Dogs: $39–$53 per month
- Cats: $17–$25 monthly
Get a quote: Fill out Healthy Paws’ easy on the internet form to get a pet insurance quote.
To learn more: Healthy Paws Pet Insurance coverage Review
Coverage: Figo offers three levels of accident-and-illness insurance. Each one includes medications, diagnostics and other essential treatments with regard to covered conditions such as hip dysplasia, allergies and diabetes.
Here’s how much coverage each plan offers:
- Essential: The Essential plan offers $5, 000 of annual benefits.
- Preferred: The Preferred plan increases this amount to $10, 000.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate plan offers unlimited coverage.
Embrace also allows you to add vet exam fee coverage and routine care benefits to your plan.
We secured a handful of quotes for 4-year-old, mixed-breed cats and dogs in Albuquerque, N. M, to give you an idea of protection costs from Figo:
- Dogs: $12–$45
- Cats: $8–$29
Obtain a quote: Fill out a quick quote request for Figo .
Coverage: Prudent Pet has three pet insurance plans. The first, the Accident-only Plan, provides $10, 000 of protection for accidents plus injuries, such as lacerations or even toxic ingestions. The Essential Strategy also provides $10, 500 of coverage, but it extends coverage to illnesses.
The best Plan also covers both accidents and illnesses but has no coverage caps. Additionally, it adds coverage for expenses such as lost pet advertising and reward money, mortality expenses and kennel fees in the event that you are hospitalized and unable to care for your pet.
All of us got quotes for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Albuquerque, N. M., for each associated with Prudent Pet’s plans:
- Dogs: $16–$92 per month
- Cats: $11–$51 a month
Get a quote: Get your custom quote from Prudent Pet for your dog or cat online.
To find out more: Prudent Pet Insurance policy Review
Coverage: ASPCA Dog Health Insurance offers four insurance coverage options:
- Accident-only insurance: This plan covers treatments for incidents such as broken bones or bite wounds. Both of ASPCA’s plans exclude preexisting conditions, cosmetic procedures and mating expenses.
- Complete coverage: This plan stretches coverage to include illnesses like eye conditions, allergies plus hip dysplasia.
- Basic wellbeing care: The Basic wellness care add-on provides $250 of yearly benefits for dental cleanings, checkups, vaccines and similar routine care costs.
- Prime wellness care: The Prime wellness plan provides coverage for the same routine expenses with $450 associated with annual benefits.
We all obtained quotes for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Albuquerque, N. M., to give you an idea of the premiums you can expect through ASPCA.
- Dogs: $27–$98 per month
- Cats: $15–$59 per month
Get a quote: Fill out ASPCA’s on-line form for an instant quote on a pet policy.
To learn more: ASPCA Family pet Health Insurance Review
Coverage: Fetch has one accident-and-illness strategy that applies to operations, veterinarian visits and other treatments regarding hereditary illnesses, chronic diseases, behavioral issues, cancer and more. Fetch does not cover elective procedures, preexisting conditions, reproduction expenses or routine care costs, such as flea and tick prevention, checkups plus blood tests.
Get offers some fairly unique coverages, including boarding if you are hospitalized for four days or more, reimbursement for vacation cancellations caused by your pet’s condition, and reward and advertising money for lost pets.
We requested estimates from Fetch for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Albuquerque, N. M., using different coverage limits:
- Dogs: $18–$123 per month
- Cats: $9–$73 per month
Get a quote: Customize your Fetch pet insurance policy by getting a quote on Fetch’s website .
To learn more: Get Pet Insurance Review
The Bottom Line: Which Is the Best Pet Insurance Company in New Mexico?
Based on our in-depth research, we recommend Lemonade as the top pet insurance company in New Mexico. Lemonade’s online platform is simple to use, and the provider offers a variety of affordable coverage options. However , Lemonade might not be the right choice for everyone. Before you choose an insurer, take a few minutes to compare quotes from at least three companies so you can secure the lowest rates for the coverage you need.
Compare Pet Insurance Providers in Brand new Mexico
Check out how these dog insurance options compare:
*We obtained the sample premiums above for an accident-and-illness policy for a 4-year-old, medium-size, mixed-breed dog in Albuquerque, N. M. Because pricing may vary based on your location and your pet’s age and breed, we recommend getting quotations directly from companies for the most accurate cost information.
Types of Pet Insurance Plans
Three components affect family pet insurance premiums: annual coverage limit, deductible and reimbursement level. The annual coverage limit is the amount of money your pet insurance company will pay toward claims in one calendar year; the deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket when you file a claim before your provider starts reimbursing you; and the reimbursement rate is the percentage of each claim that your pet insurance provider will pay.
Providers offer 3 main types of pet insurance policies:
- Accident-only coverage: The simplest form of pet insurance covers your pet’s unexpected injuries or accidents, such as bite wounds, broken bones plus cuts. It can be less expensive than an accident-and-illness plan, allowing you to protect your pet on a budget.
- Accident-and-illness coverage: The most common type of pet insurance coverage covers your pet’s accidental injuries, general sickness and other health conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, hereditary conditions and allergies.
- Wellness care add-ons: Often called preventive or routine treatment, these plans can be added to some policies for an extra monthly cost. Wellness programs reimburse you for program treatments aimed at maintaining your pet’s good health, including annual checkups, vaccines, heartworm prevention and fecal tests.
How To Choose the Right Pet Insurance Provider
Take the steps below to choose the right pet insurance provider for your furry companion:
- Pick the right plan: Start by determining which plan is best suited to meet your budget as well as your pet’s needs. Keep in mind that not all providers offer accident-only or health and fitness care plans. ASPCA Dog Health Insurance and Spot are two ideal providers for comprehensive accident-only coverage.
- Consider coverage caps: Whether you’re looking for unlimited annual coverage for your pet or hoping to trim costs with a lower coverage restrict, compare quotes from every provider you’re considering to see what its coverage limits are. Healthy Paws, for example , offers affordable unlimited protection.
- Compare customization: As you compare rates, you may want to tweak your insurance coverage, reimbursement rate and deductible to meet your budget and secure the right amount of coverage. Embrace could be a good fit for a high level associated with customization, with five available deductibles.
- Read the fine print: Before you lock into a policy, make sure you understand excluded conditions, the length of the company’s waiting periods, and whether or not you’re eligible for discounts and add-ons in your area. Some providers share sample contracts to help you understand how coverage works.
- Consider brand reputation: Another critical factor to consider is a company’s relationship with its policyholders. We’ve thoroughly evaluated the pet insurance providers on this list, poring over customer reviews plus third-party ratings to doctor them.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pet Insurance plan in New Mexico
Methodology: Our System intended for Ranking the Best Pet Insurance Companies
Our review of pet insurance companies is based on in-depth industry research that includes reading hundreds of customer reviews, simulating the quote and purchasing process, speaking to representatives on the phone to assess the customer service experience and surveying 1, 000 dog and cat owners nationwide to determine the most important elements of pet insurance coverage. We have scored each provider on a 100-point scale based on those elements.
Here are more details about each factor and how they’re weighted:
- Monthly pricing (25 points): How much each company charges for its pet insurance plans is an important part of a customer’s decision. The best pet insurance companies combine comprehensive coverage and plan choices with affordable rates.
- Plans (15 points): The top pet insurance companies offer accident and illness plans, accident-only plans plus wellness or preventive care add-ons to give customers the option to choose a plan that’s best for their pet.
- Covered treatments (15 points): With this factor, we all scored companies based on the remedies and procedures they cover. Companies with a breadth of included treatments and distinctive coverages received more points than providers with more standard or general policies.
- Customization options (10 points): Customizing your own policy is a valuable way to ensure you only pay for what your pet needs. Providers with more annual-limit, deductible and reimbursement-rate options earned the highest scores.
- Customer care (10 points): We obtained companies on their website accessibility and overall usability, customer service availability, mobile apps (if any), money-back guarantees and veterinarian telehealth options, awarding points to the insurers with increased customer experience offerings.
- Industry reputation (10 points): To determine every company’s industry reputation, we reviewed up-to-date ratings plus accreditation information from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and scored companies on their years of experience in the industry and their state availability.
- Waiting periods (10 points): Companies with shorter accident, sickness and orthopedic waiting periods between the sign-up and insurance start date scored higher than companies with longer waiting periods.
- Eligible age (5 points): Some companies don’t offer policies for pets that are over a certain age. We deducted points from companies that have age limits to get covered pets.
All of us use our rating system to compare and contrast each company against key factors to help us determine the best pet insurance companies in the industry. Additionally , we keep our research up to date and revisit our own reviews on a regular basis.