🌱 Wicked Scary Week + Free Teen Movie Night + Brrr! Cold Weather – Patch
Welcome back, Bedford! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know that’s happening today, including updates on:
- Wicked Scary Week at the Copper Door
- Free Teen Movie Night
- Frosty weather is heading our way.
But first, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 58 Low: 36.
These are the great local businesses who sponsor the Bedford Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will, too:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With more than 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, dog boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or even learn more here .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories nowadays in Bedford:
- Boo ! It’s officially Wicked Scary 7 days at the Copper Door. In Bedford plus Salem, the Copper Door restaurants will be hosting their annual Wicked Scary Week fundraiser to benefit FEEDNH. org from Oct. 21-31. Featured will be Wicked Scary Prix Fixe lunch and dinner menus with spooky drinks, like the Supernatural Sangria (the regular menus are also available. ). There will be live music on Sunday from 11 a. m. -2 p. m. and on a few other days during the week. ( Manchester Ink Link )
- It’s almost Halloween, and there’s a lot to do and see this week. Bedford teens are invited to a free Teen Film Night at the Bedford Public Library to watch the classic movie “Hocus Pocus” upon Wednesday, Oct. 21, at 6 p. m. Registration is required so there will be enough popcorn and candy for everyone. On Friday, bring your family to the kid-friendly Spooky Barn Walk and bonfire at the Educational Farm At Joppa Hill (on Joppa Hill Road), Friday, Oct. 21 at 4 p. m. There will be a treat for every child. The cost is $10 per family. Walk-ins are welcome! No reservations are required. ( Bedford Patch )
- You may need your hat, scarf and coat over the next few days. Frosty weather is heading to Bedford . On Tuesday, forecasters said New Hampshire can expect “the coldest temperatures of the fall season” over the next four days. Wednesday and Thursday may be sunny, but cold air is heading our way with temperatures at night in the 30s. Some places may have patchy frost, and areas outside of New Hampshire may see snow. Snow! But snow is not in the forecast this week for New Hampshire. ( Bedford Patch )
Today in Bedford:
From my notebook:
- Trunk or Treat: “Come to our spooky trunk or treat! Sunday, Oct 23., through 1 p. m. — 4: 45 p. m. at the Lefton Dance Complex. Reserve your $5 parking spot. Parking is first come first served. Use the Lefton Dance Complex, parking lot on 337 Route 101 first and the Wholistic Pet parking lot second. Please pay via venmo @leftondancecomplex by Oct. 22. There will be a brief performance after everyone arrives. ” ( All Events In Bedford )
- Home craft kits: “Come take a craft kit from the Children’s Room home! This month make a creepy (or cute) 3D Spider! ” ( Bedford (NH) Public Library via Facebook )
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for nowadays. I’ll see you around!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to press projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or watching fireflies within the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook , Instagram , and Twitter .