🌱 Truck Crashes, Flips After Downpour + State Monitors Local Election – Patch
Hi Bedford! I’m back in your inbox this morning with your fresh copy of the Bedford Daily. Here’s everything you need to know that’s happening in Bedford today.
Now, today’s weather:
Sunnier today, and cooler. High: 78 Low: 64.
Our local sponsors have some great stuff to offer:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With more than 1000 homes sold plus over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve dog wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned plus family operated — and their passion is your family pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow plus succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top 3 stories in Bedford today:
- Heavy downpours and speed were partly to blame for a truck crash that blocked I-293 in Bedford Monday night, authorities said. After heavy rain, a Manchester driver hydroplaned and struck a guardrail on I-293, causing the van in order to roll over and shutting down the interstate at around 11 p. m. The driver, Liviu Daescu, 60, of Manchester, was taken to the Elliott Hospital with minor injuries. ( Patch )
- The New Hampshire Secretary of State will appoint an election monitor for the upcoming election in Bedford. Investigators and state officials announced the move after serious ballot issues and deficiencies related to the November 2020 election. Officials said that election official mishaps resulted in “the failure to count the votes of nearly 200 Bedford voters. ” The ballots did not change the outcome of any of the races, but officials said it was a “serious mistake. ” ( Bedford Patch )
- Have earthquakes been more active in New Hampshire within 2022? At least five earthquakes have already been reported in New Hampshire this year, but scientist Dr . Alan Kafka, director of Weston Observatory, told WMUR, “It’s nothing unusual. ” He said, “about a dozen earthquakes with at least a 2 . 0-magnitude strength” were detected in the Granite State since 2020. ( WMUR )
Today in Bedford:
- Pages and Pizza for Teens. ( 7 p. m. )
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s everything with regard to today. I’ll see you around!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, plus help make the world a better place. You can follow her upon Facebook , Instagram , and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected] com