🌱 Supreme Court On New Hampshire + More EV Stations + New Firefighter – Patch
Welcome back, Bedford. I’m here in your inbox to get you up to speed on everything you need to know that’s happening in Bedford today, including updates on:
- Supreme Court won’t hear case for New Hampshire.
- Welcome Evan MacEwen .
- $17M windfall for new EV stations .
But first, today’s weather:
A little morning rain; cloudy. High: 69 Low: 47.
Here’s to the great local businesses who sponsor this newsletter. Check out what they can do for you:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties within Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your own furry friend today, or learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services plus small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- Lawmakers in Brand new Hampshire are fighting for the right to meet remotely, but the Supreme Court refused to weigh in on the situation. Democrats are suing, challenging the idea that House Speaker Sherman Packard, R-Londonderry, “had ‘legislative immunity’ over his decisions regarding Home rules. ” The New Hampshire legislature met remotely due to close seating conditions in the Chamber during the pandemic, including meeting at the N. H. Sportsplex in Bedford. The dispute now heads to a U. S. District Court judge to sort it all out. (Subscription/ The particular Union Leader )
- A shout out and warm welcome to Firefighter/Paramedic Evan MacEwen, who is the newest member of the Bedford Fire Department. Evan came to Bedford, New Hampshire from Kansas where he was a Paramedic for Leavenworth County EMS. In an online post, the BFD said, “Welcome to the team Evan, we are thrilled to have you with us. ” And all of Bedford is too. Welcome! ( Bedford Fire Department, NH via Facebook )
- More EV stations will be coming to New Hampshire over the next five years thanks to $17 million in federal funding . New Hampshire plans to install 12 charging stations every 50 miles along major highways, such as Interstate 93 and along Route 3 in Bedford. With 4, 000 elective vehicles already on the roads in New Hampshire, the particular charging stations couldn’t come at a better time. The federally funded EV stations will be installed “near major corridors over the next five years. ” Way to go New Hampshire! ( WMUR )
Today in Bedford:
- Spooky Barn Walk & Bonfire ( 4 p. m. )
- Pick Your Project Workshop ( 6: 30 p. m. )
- Next to Normal by Majestic Theatre ( 7 g. m. )
From my notebook:
- Exciting WBNH radio news: “We are so very happy to share this exciting news about WBNH Bedford Radio. We want to send Congratulations to our Radio Program Director Harry Kozlowski and all the great WBNH Volunteer Radio Producers. Thank you for all your hard work! ” ( Bedford (NH) Community Television via Facebook )
- Clean Up Bedford this particular Saturday: “Town of Bedford 2ND ANNUAL FALL “CUB” Cleanup Day is this Saturday, October 15th from 9am-1pm. This day is open to every Bedford resident. Take time to clean up your road or neighborhood. Blue Bags are available at 5 locations. ” ( Bedford NH Police Department via Facebook )
- Learn coding and digital game design! “Let the games begin🎮! Juniors, join Labspace Robotics for our virtual Coding for Good 2: Digital Game Design on October 25th where you’ll learn how to plan, build, and test your own game “for good”! Registration ends upon October 18th. ” ( Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains via Facebook )
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting nearby news!
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll catch up with you bright plus early tomorrow with another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to press projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or watching fireflies within the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook , Instagram , and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected] com