🌱 Rising Ocean Impacts Seacoast + Wedding Ring Miracle + Antique Cars – Patch
Hello, friends. I’m here right on time with your fresh copy of the Bedford Daily , full of all the community information you need to know today.
First, today’s weather:
A pleasant day with plenty of sun. High: 81 Low: 56.
Here’s to our premier local sponsors. Check out what they can do for you:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With more than 1, 000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free-market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected]. com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, a self-serve dog wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned, plus family operated — and their passion is your family pet. Drop in with your furry friend today or learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow plus succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- Rising sea levels could have a “big impact” on the New Hampshire seacoast, researchers said in a new report. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, there could be an additional one to one-and-a-half feet of sea level rise by the year 2050. “That’s on top of the foot associated with sea level rise already seen over the past hundred years, ” they noted. NOAA has developed an interactive tool showing the impact of rising seas from melting ice sheets and warming water. “The new tool can show how the land around Rye Harbor, for example , would be impacted with one foot of sea level rise or even two ft of sea level increase . ” ( WMUR )
- Speaking of the ocean, a woman was upset after she recently lost her great-grandmother’s wedding ring at North Hampton Beach . Francesca Teal told The Boston Globe that she lost her great-grandmother’s wedding ring in the water when she was “tossing a football” with her husband in North Beach earlier this month. The 29 year old said that she and her husband searched the water for hours. She finally posted the girl plea for help online. Lou Asci, 60, of Marshfield, put on a wetsuit and headlamp and searched with his metal detector for two days with no luck. On the third day, miraculously, he found it! ( bedfordgazette. com )
- Classic cars, hot rods, and antiques will be on display this weekend in downtown Manchester. If you love classic cars, stop by Elm Street in Manchester on Saturday. The Stansted Rotary Club is hosting its 21st Anniversary Cruising Downtown classic car show Saturday, Sept. 4. The event will have live entertainment, food, and vendors. You can also enjoy the many downtown restaurants and shops on Elm Street. You can register an antique or classic car for the show, and find out more here: ( Cruising Downtown Manchester )
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to press projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or watching the fireflies in the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook , Instagram , and Twitter .