🌱 Pandemic Puppy Boom + 71 New Citizens + Camp Allen BBQ + Folk Music – Patch
Hello, friends. I’m here with the Wednesday edition of the Bedford Daily. Keep reading for the latest.
Love the Bedford Daily? Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe for free.
First, today’s weather:
A partly sunny day. High: 84 Low: 60.
Check out what our local sponsors can do for you:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1,000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free-market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected].
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned, and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today or learn more here.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- The Fourth of July was a time to celebrate a new life as 71 people became U.S. citizens during a ceremony on Monday in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. It was the first time since the pandemic that a citizenship ceremony was held at the U.S. Federal Court of New Hampshire. The new U.S. citizens were sworn in at Strawbery Banke on Monday, July 4! (WMUR)
- If you noticed more people walking dogs in Bedford, it may be because of the COVID-19 puppy boom. When Granite Staters were home for months during the height of the pandemic, they had time to expand their families, and bring a new pet into their homes. The result was the COVID-19 New Hampshire puppy boom. Find out more about this story on New Hampshire Chronicle: (WMUR)
- It’s easy to find folk music concerts, festivals, and dancing in the 2022 NHPR Folk Music, Concert, Festival and Dance Calendar. On Saturday, July 9, the Willie J. Laws Band will be performing in Bedford at the ABLE NH’S Annual Blues BBQ at Camp Allen. You can find out more about this event, and other folk music events taking place in New Hampshire this summer here: (New Hampshire Public Radio)
Help us make this newsletter better!
Thank you for the positive feedback about the Bedford Daily! We’d like to make the Daily even better. Take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news and events you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Today in Bedford:
- Kids Canvas Painting — Dancing in the Streetlights. (2 p.m.)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at [email protected]