🌱 Oversee BCTV-WBNH, Conservation, More +Hood Ice Cream+ Sunken Yacht – Patch
Hello, Bedford! It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily — here to impart all the most important things happening in the community today. I’ll get right to it.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny today. High: 89 Low: 69.
Shoutout to our premier local sponsors:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With more than 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna nowadays at [email protected]. com .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, dog boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or even learn more right here .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- Would you like to have a more active role in what’s happening within Bedford? The Bedford Town Council could use your help! They are looking for Bedford residents to be appointed to the following open positions: The Zoning Board associated with Adjustment – (1) Alternate, the Historic District Commission – (3) Alternates, the Conservation Commission – (1) Alternate, and the
BCTV-WBNH Board of Overseers – (1) opening. If you are interested, please submit an application to the Town Manager, 24 N. Amherst Road, Bedford, NH 03110, or email [email protected]. org . ( Patch )
- Here’s a cool and delicious reason to attend a Fisher Cats game. Hood Ice cream will be giving out free scoops of ice cream at the Fisher Cats game at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium in Manchester upon Sunday, July 24 at 1: 35 p. m. The free samples are to celebrate summer and the relaunch of its New England Creamery with flavors inspired by New England, including Cape Cod Fudge Shop, Maine Sweet Blueberry, plus Green Mountain Mint Chip. ( Business Wire )
- Remember the 70-foot yacht that was on fire and sank in the ocean near New Castle in June? The Coast Guard and salvage crews were able to recover it from the bottom of the ocean with airbags on Saturday. This was their third attempt to retrieve the sunken luxury boat that was leaking diesel fuel into the ocean. The previous two attempts were called off due to bad weather plus tides. The yacht caught fire on June 18, forcing all three people and 2 dogs to jump overboard. Thankfully, lobstermen were nearby to rescue them. ( WMUR )
Help us make this newsletter better!
Thanks for your positive feedback about the Bedford Daily. We’d like to make the Daily even better! Take our simple — and quick! — reader survey . Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news and events you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource as well as the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag . You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Today in Bedford:
- Magic by George for Ages 3-12. ( 2 p. m. )
- Monarch Butterfly Painting. ( 6: 30 p. m. )
From my notebook:
- Animal Rescue League of NH: “Have you always wanted a potato shaped family pet? A 1 lb. prey animal with the audacity in order to boss you around? You need a guinea pig. Trust all of us. ” ( Animal Rescue League of NH via Facebook )
- Girl Scouts from the Green and White Mountains: “This week ‘From the Archives’ the particular 90s are back! First in the line up is this full Daisy Scout uniform! Most recognize the iconic blue tunic which is still worn by many Daisies today! ” ( Girl Scouts of the Green and White Hills via Facebook )
A lot more from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Protecting Your own Portfolio In Bear Markets, Stay Invested and Protected! ( July 13 )
- Summer Block Party at the Currier Museum. ( July 16 )
- Add your event
Thanks for following along and staying informed. I’ll see you soon!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to press projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Every day? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected]. com