🌱 Market And Main Is Back + Severe Thunderstorms +Sebbins Pond Alert – Patch
Hello, friends! It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily — here to share everything you need to know that’s happening in our area today.
First, today’s weather:
A strong afternoon t-storm. High: 87 Low: 64.
Here’s to the great local businesses who sponsor this newsletter. Check out what they can do for you:
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, dog boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or even accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford region? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With more than 1000 homes sold plus over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- It’s true! Construction has started upon phase two of Market and Main in Bedford after a six year delay. The new development at Market and Main will include new restaurants, retail shops, and outdoor and an outside walking area. There will also be a “barn-like structure” making Market and Primary visible from Route 293 that will be an open space with a fire pit for outdoor music plus gatherings. A new movie theater, parking garage, and hotel are no longer in the plans for now, but an office building may be part of phase three. Encore Enterprise of Plano, Texas is the developer, and Sullivan Construction of Bedford will be the contractor for phase two of the project, which is expected to be complete in about a year. (Subscription/ The Union Leader )
- The Department of Environmental Services advisory warning of high cyanobacteria levels for Sebbins Pond in Bedford continues, as high temperatures and runoff into ponds and lakes from sudden downpours create ideal conditions for bacteria blooms. The bacteria in Sebbins Pond appears on the surface of the water and along shorelines as swirls of bright green flecks. DES officials said that samples collected on July 20 revealed cyanobacteria “in concentrations up to 816, 000 cells/mL. ” The maximum amount of germs allowed in water is 70, 000 cells/mL. People and pets are advised not to enter water that with high levels of bacterias. You can read more here: ( Patch )
- Bedford reached 96 degrees on Sunday, but meteorologists said it felt like 97. A heat advisory and poor air quality alert were issued Sunday. Monday will bring cooler temperatures plus morning rain showers. High near 85F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Scattered thunderstorms will arrive in the afternoon. Some “may become severe. ” ( Weather. com )
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start your day! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter .