🌱 Joppa Hill Farm + Volunteer Of The Year + Record Low Unemplyment – Patch
Hello all. It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily — here to tell you all the most important things happening in town.
First, today’s weather:
Hot with variable clouds. High: 94 Low: 72.
Here’s to our premier local sponsors. Check out what they can do for you:
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned, and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today or learn more here .
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1, 000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free-market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy plus tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour discussion here to learn more .
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- Good news, New Hampshire! The unemployment rate within New Hampshire has hit a record low, state officials said Tuesday. Even though restaurants still struggle to find workers, New Hampshire Employment Security said the state currently only has a 2 percent unemployment rate. Richard Lavers, the deputy commissioner of New Hampshire Employment Security, said New Hampshire has had “the lowest unemployment rates in the Northeast” throughout 2022. Lavers noted that “the record pace of hiring and job creation will be expected to continue. ” ( WMUR )
- The Girl Scouts of the Green and the White Mountains, which has its headquarters in Bedford, Brand new Hampshire, named long-time volunteer Michelle Elfson the Volunteer of the Month! Elfson has been a great support in her community, ” they wrote in a recent social media post. Elfson also said the Girl Scouts offers her daughter, Abby, so many more opportunities, from “horseback riding, zip-lining, to whitewater rafting and more. ( Girl Scouts of the Green plus White Mountains via Facebook )
- Have you visited the particular Educational Farm at Joppa Hill? The farm, that’s open 365 days a year from dawn until dusk, is free to visit. They have a farm stand and online store, gardens, and of course, farm animals, from chickens and sheep to rabbits. The Educational Farm at Joppa Hill in Bedford also has volunteer opportunities, including farm ambassadors, chicken caretakers, and sheep/alpaca sherpas. You can find out more here: ( EFJH )
Today within Bedford:
From my notebook:
- The Canvas Road Show: “We still have six spots left for next week’s Art Camp! 🎨 Not sure you are going to like it? Or maybe you just want to try out one day? We have drop-in options too. Don’t miss Monday as we will be TIE-DYE shirts! inch ( The Canvas Road Show via Fb )
- Bedford Athletic Club: “It’s not too late to register for next week’s summer skills training! ” ( Bedford Athletic Club via Facebook )
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Summer Concert on the Plaza: Veronica Robles Mariachi Band. ( July 21 )
- LoVeSeXy is New England’s Premier tribute 2 the music of PRINCE! ( July 22 )
- Bluegrass BBQ ( July 23 )
- Averill House Vineyard 5 Year Celebration! Wine, Tie Die, Music & Gourmet. ( July 24 )
- Bedford Garden Club Mum Sale. ( August 8 )
- Add your own event
That’s it with regard to today. I’ll see you around!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected] com