🌱 Holiday Cards For Soldiers + Free Thursday Movie + Expect Delays – patch. com
Hello all. It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily — back in your inbox with all the most important things happening in town these days. In this issue, you’ll find news about:
- Free movie at the BPL.
- Participate in the Holiday Card Challenge .
- Road work and paving.
But first, an exciting local announcement from our sponsor, T-BONES… 🍽️
“Inflation isn’t fun but vacations are! Take an Inflation Vacation with T-BONES . T-BONES is now offering $10 Value Lunches, 10% more in Payback$ Rewards, and 2 for $10 Drink Specials. Now thru 10/31. ”
Click here to make your own announcement in the Bedford Daily.
Right now, today’s weather:
A passing afternoon shower. High: 62 Low: 41.
Our local sponsors have some great stuff to offer:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property within the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, dog boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or even learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy plus tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- Join the Bedford Public Library for Theater Thursday ! See a free showing of the movie “Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, “Thursday, Oct. 13. at 2 p. m. at The Bedford Public Library. The movie, set in 1950s London, tells the story of a cleaning lady who falls in love with the couture Dior dress “and decides that she must have one of her own. ” Bring a small snack or drink to enjoy. You can find out more and register here: ( Bedford Patch )
- Hey Bedford, let’s spread cheer! Participate in the Holiday Card Challenge. This is a great opportunity to send Christmas cards to the military and let them know how much we care, especailly over the holidays. You will find card collection boxes at The Bedford Library and Franklin Savings Banks. The deadline is Oct 30. The Holiday Cards Challengeis sponsored by the Bedford Lions Club. Thank you BLC! Find out more on the Bedford NH Lions Club Facebook page. ( Bedford Lions Club Facebook Page )
- Travel delays are expected about South Hills Road Monday. Expect travel delays on South Hills Road on Monday, Oct. 10., from 7 a. m. to 5 p. m. for road work and paving The Road Construction Advisory is issued for the entire road, from the intersection with North Amherst Road to Hardy Road for paving, so expect delays and find alternate routes. “Traffic signs, cones, and flaggers will be in place to assist motorists. ” ( Bedford Patch )
Today in Bedford:
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or even watching fireflies in the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook , Instagram , plus Twitter .