🌱 Gas Station Controversial Plans + Fun Tech Alliance App + Blasting – Patch
Hey, everybody! It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily. Here are the most important happening locally today.
First, today’s weather:
A shower and t-storm are likely; humid. High: 80 Low: 71.
Check out what our local sponsors can do for you:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers plus sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected]. com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, dog boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is in your area owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or even learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Bedford:
- A developer has changed his proposal to build a controversial gas station in Bedford at 2 Hardy Road, diagonal to Hannaford supermarket on Route 101. Changed plans for the proposed gas station submitted to the Town reduce the number of gas station pumps from 16 to 12. Gas stations are not allowed in the town’s commercial zone. In 2014, Hess Corp. proposed a similar gas station in the location that environmentalists and the Bedford conservation commission opposed. Bedford currently has six carefully regulated gas stations in the high commercial and performance zones. (Subscription/ The Union Leader )
- “All work no play is not a good recipe for happiness, ” was the message by Kikori startup founder Kendra Bostick. She gave the early morning message at a Tech Alliance meeting at the Manchester Country Club in Bedford. Doctoral student Bostick, of the University of New Hampshire, created an “experiential learning” app that helps students interact, so naturally, she started her Tech Alliance presentation with a fun activity to help build teams. The Kikori app was one of six featured startups at the New Hampshire Tech Alliance’s 2021 Innovation Summit, where it received $100, 000 from the Millworks II Fund. ( Yahoo News )
- Bedford drivers, if you approach the Toll Booth on the Everett Turnpike, be prepared for delays and stopped in traffic on the highway. Blasting continues on the Everett Turnpike by Exit 13 in Bedford as part of the road expansion project. Blasting the wall of granite rock “means intermittent closures during Everett Turnpike widening project, ” as crews stop traffic and try to contain debris from blasting the ledge. Blasting is scheduled between 10 a. m. and 2 p. meters., and “traffic must be halted for each one for safety reasons. ” ( WMUR )
From my notebook:
- The Canvas Road Show: “Being an owner of a small business is a wild rollercoaster ride. It has its lows, highs and some smooth parts. I meet so many people with all different skill levels. I enjoy teaching them new things, showing them not to be intimidated by… ” ( The Canvas Road Show via Facebook )
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start your Monday. See you again tomorrow morning for another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is really a freelance writer, author, plus award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected]. com