🌱 Famous Shoals Island Garden+ Morling Wins 10K + Pharma $100M Spend – Patch
Hello! It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather:
Clearing, a shower or two. High: 76 Low: 61.
Our local sponsors have some great stuff to offer:
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here.
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected].
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- A shout out to Ian Morling, 35, of Bedford, who placed first in the 10K “Moose Mainea” 5K/10K race in Maine on Sunday, May 29. Morning completed the race in 39:29. Julie Booth, 58 of West Hartford, Connecticut, was the women’s winner, with a time of 54:04, and Sarah Guszka, 36 of Arlington, Massachusetts, came in next, with a time of 58:53. Congratulations to all runners who participated in the annual “Moose Mainea” 5K/10K race at Moosehead Lake, a deep, cold water lake located in Northwestern Maine. (observer-me.com)
- PCI Pharma is investing $100 million at its Bedford, N.H. campus after acquiring Lyophilization Services of New England in December 2021. The company’s investment “will expand its capabilities and capacity,” said Salim Haffar, chief executive officer of PCI Pharma. He said it’s part of their broader strategy to provide “integrated end-to-end drug development, manufacturing, and packaging capabilities.” The Bedford expansion plan includes a 50,000-square-foot facility. “We are excited to introduce clients to our newest facility,” said Haffar. (Healthcare Packaging)
- If you love gardens and the Isle of Shoals, you can now visit the colorful garden planted on Appledoor Island more than a century ago by Celia Thaxter, after a two year hiatus, according to a recent UNH article. Appledoor Island is only a short boat ride from the New Hampshire Seacoast. This beautiful and enchanting garden is maintained by the Shoals Marine Laboratory (SML), which is jointly run by the University of New Hampshire and Cornell University. You can find out more about this story here: (UNH.edu)
Today in Bedford:
- Yarn Swap at the Bedford Public Library (3:30 PM)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Love the Bedford Daily? Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe for free.
You’re caught up for today. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place.