🌱 Cary Wins Newport Flower Show Award + Pilots Needed + Segway Robots – Patch
Good morning, everyone! Paula Constance here with your fresh copy of the Bedford Daily, filled with all the community news you need to know right now.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 86 Low: 64.
Shoutout to our premier local sponsors:
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free-market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected].
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today or learn more here.
Click here to feature your business in this spot!
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- A shout out to our own Jane Cary of Bedford, New Hampshire, for receiving an award for her floral work at the Newport Flower Show! Cary won The Candace Morgenstern Design Award for her exhibit “showing exceptional quality using innovative techniques involving the manipulation of fresh plant material.” The 2022 Newport Flower Show filled Rosecliff, a Gilded Age mansion in Newport, Rhode Island, with colorful flowers, exception designs and arrangements, and creative floral expression. The flower show was from June 17 through 19, when gardeners submitted floral arrangements and botanical creations. Judges selected winners from hundreds of submissions in several floral categories. (Newport This Week)
- A new delivery robot may be coming to a city near you. Segway Robotics, formerly Segway of Bedford, New Hampshire, and DriveU.auto announced a partnership to speed up the delivery of “last mile delivery robots.” The electrically powered, slow-moving robots are designed for “cost-efficient, safe and green deliveries” in “dense urban areas.” The delivery robots can be “fully autonomous, semi-autonomous or remotely driven by a human operator,” DriveU.auto noted in a recent news release that remote operation relies on “quality video connectivity” through public cellular networks for a remote operator to communicate with the moving delivery robot. (PR Newswire)
- If you are looking for a high-flying job, Manchester-Boston Regional Airport Director Ted Kitchens said the airline industry is in need of airline pilots. As flight delays are likely over the busy Fourth of July holiday weekend, the airline industry is actively looking for pilots and flight crews. Trainers said pilots are hired quickly once their training is complete. Kitchens said that airlines want to hire 12,000 pilots this year, “which would more than double the most pilots ever hired in a single year.” If you don’t want to be a pilot, airlines also need to hire airline flight crews and gate agents, Kitchens added. (WMUR)
Help us make this newsletter better!
Thank you for your positive feedback about the Bedford Daily! We’d like to may The Daily even better. Take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news and events you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Today in Bedford:
- 2022 4th of July Fireworks: Dates and times in New Hampshire. (WMUR)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Hot DogZ for ALZ 7th annual fundraiser. (June 30)
- Summer Blast bundles by Thirtyone. (June 30)
- Summer Writing Intensives @ The Harkness House. (July 11)
- Protecting Your Portfolio in Bear Markets, Stay Invested and Protected! (July 13)
- Add your event
You’re caught up for today! See you all tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at [email protected]