🌱 Car Bursts Into Flames + Casino Tables For Sale + St . Jude Run/Walk – Patch
Hello everyone. It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Daily. Let’s start Wednesday off with everything you need to know that’s happening in Bedford today. In today’s issue:
- A car was pierced by the center guardian and burst into flames.
- Casino selling authentic poker and blackjack tables.
- Bedford runners, join the Run/Walk this weekend!
- Jack-o-lantern or Chunky Pumpkins?
Love the Manchester Daily ? Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe for free.
But first, today’s weather:
Sunny later, plus warmer. High: 73 Low: 61.
Shoutout to the awesome local businesses who keep this newsletter running:
- Are you looking to buy or even sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services plus small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve dog wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned plus family operated— and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend nowadays, or learn more here .
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- The Everett Turnpike was closed and traffic was backed up on Tuesday following a serious multi-vehicle crash. Traffic was at a near standstill as far back as Bedford in the southbound lane for hours after the accident. State police received calls of a multi-car accident on both sides of the Turnpike at around 9 a. m. One of the cars was pierced by the center guardrail and has been on fire. Sean McConnell from Manchester was trapped inside the burning vehicle. Bystanders extinguished the engine fire with hand fire extinguishers. McConnell was rescued with the jaws of life and taken to the hospital with serious injuries. ( Bedford Patch )
- Are you looking for a Casino blackjack or poker table for your home? You’re in luck. The Lucky Moose Casino, formerly the Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse in Nashua, is getting an upgrade. They are selling their own old gaming tables and casino furniture to make room for new tables and slot machines. Everything being sold is cash-and-carry. You can find out more right here: ( Fun 107 )
- Bedford runners! Join the St . Jude Walk/Run in Boston this weekend. Bring friends, family, and co-workers to this year’s walk/run at the Boston Common on Saturday, Sept. 24 to benefit St, Jude’s hospital. You can join in person, or walk virtually from wherever you are within the St . Jude Walk/Run app. Funds will benefit the nonprofit St . Jude’s children’s hospital, which provides free care to children with cancer. ( Bedford Patch )
- It’s fall, and that makes it the perfect time for a Jack-o-lantern or Chunky Pumpkin craft. The Jack-o-lantern project stands 24 inches tall, and you can “add a light to make those creepy faces shine. ” Join The particular Canvas Roadshow/ Hammer & Stain for their public DIY Workshop. They will guide you “step-by-step” to transform unfinished projects “into personalized artistic creations. ” ( The Canvas Road Show )
Help us make Patch better:
Our user research team is interested in hearing about your experience with Patch. This is an opportunity for you to provide direct feedback plus help us better serve you and your community. Your part in our research would consist of a single 30- to 60-minute interview, and you would receive a $25 Amazon gift card by e-mail for your time. Interested? Sign up here in order to participate. If you’re selected, we’ll be in touch directly to set your appointment time. Thanks — hope to see you soon!
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to press projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or watching fireflies in the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook , Instagram , and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Every day? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected] com