🌱 Candy-like Drugs +Toxic Wildlife+ Pumpkins, Crafts, Festival, Films – Patch
Good morning, Bedford. I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know that’s happening in Bedford today, including news about:
- DEA warns parents about rainbow fentanyl .
- State issues toxic wildlife alter.
- Pumpkin crafts , festivals, films and foliage this weekend.
But first, today’s weather:
Breezy in the afternoon. High: 72 Low: 39.
Here’s to the great local businesses who sponsor this newsletter. Check out what they can do for you:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers associated with luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, the medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation right here to learn more .
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- The DEA is warning New Hampshire parents to talk with their children about the dangers of deadly candy-like drugs called r ainbow fentanyl. Fentanyl, which is often lethal, is being made by drug cartels in Mexico are making the illegal drug look like colorful candy, officials said . Brightly colored rainbow fentanyl tablets have been seized within 21 states, including Maine. Two drug cartels in Mexico responsible for all the fentanyl being sold in the United States “are producing staggering amounts” DEA officials warned. ( WMUR )
- State officials have issued an advisory warning about toxic levels of contaminants in New Hampshire wildlife that is a challenge to hunters and tourists. High levels of “forever chemicals’ have been found in New Hampshire wildlife, and state officials are warning hunters to “avoid consuming deer liver. ” Wildlife agencies across the U. S. are reporting high elevated levels of toxic chemicals in wild animals such as deer, and this summer, in fish from some lakes and ponds. High levels of harmful PFAS, or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances that can cause cancer and other health problems have been found in deer from Michigan in order to Maine. ( NHPR )
- Hey, Bedford! This weekend is filled with fun fall activities! Create your own pumpkin project this weekend at the Canvas Road Show . You can still signup for Saturday night. 🎃 This weekend is also the 33rd annual Milford Pumpkin Festival from Oct. 7-9. There will be events , live entertainment , and a haunted trail . Don’t forget the 20th annual New Hampshire Film Festival in Portsmouth, from Oct 6-9. And if you want to enjoy stunning peak foliage this particular weekend, see the Fall Foliage map here. ( Manchester Ink Link )
Patch deal of the day:
Wine lover alert. We found this amazing deal from Splash Wines — an 18-bottle curated selection of reds and whites for fall — for just $69. 99. Shipping isn’t cheap at $39. 95, but that still comes out to just over $6 per bottle. Splash Wines has a money-back guarantee if you don’t like the wine plus 4. 6 out of 5 rating on TrustPilot. So: recommended.
(The Patch Deals team scours the web for deals we think our subscribers will like. We may earn a commission on products purchased. All promotions are as of publication and could change. )
Today inside Bedford:
- Fire Safety Storytime for Ages 0-12 ( 2 p. m. )
- Jack the Pumpkin King Painting ( 6: 30 p. m. )
From my notebook:
- Clean-Up-Bedford: CUB! The 2nd Annual CUB Road Club Fall Event is on Saturday, Oct. 15, from 9 a. m. – 1 p. meters. Pick up your Blue Bags at 5 Bedford locations: Transfer Station, Town Library, Town Offices, Farm in Joppa Hill, and the Safety Complex. Want to join the particular “CUB Road Club? Contact Bill Carter at [email protected] org . The CUB Road Club is open to any resident or organization in Bedford. ( Town regarding Bedford )
- Way to go! The Bedford Fire Department welcomed Tower 1 this week: “On Monday of this week Group 4 made welcome home Tower 1 into the Safety Complex in traditional Fire Service fashion. ( Bedford Fire Department, NH via Facebook )
- Visit the Harvest Fair 2022 in Bedford: “Harvest Fair is Open!!!!! Shopify is open 24 hours a day for our on-line shop. The link is: https://the-craftworkers-guild.myshopify.com” ( The Craftworkers’ Guild via Facebook )
- Open paint and crafting Sunday: “OPEN PAINT this SUNDAY! Drop In for OPEN PAINT & CRAFTING! No Reservation needed just show up anytime between 12-4 All projects are first come first serve and most projects take 45-90 minutes. ” ( The Canvas Road Show via Facebook )
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re caught up for today! I’ll see you around.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, in addition to award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or watching fireflies in the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook , Instagram , and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me from paula. constance. [email protected] com