🌱 $30B Secret Jet + Alarming Fish Takeover + New Friendly Toast – Patch
Good morning, friends! It’s Wednesday in Bedford and I’m back in your inbox with the most important things happening in our area today.
Love the Bedford Daily? Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe for free.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and very warm today. High: 87 Low: 67.
These are the great local businesses that sponsor the Bedford Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will, too:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers plus sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected] com .
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or even learn more here .
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more .
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are the top 3 stories in Bedford today:
- Wealthy foreign investors may be profiting from the fish you buy from your favorite local Bedford restaurant or market. U. S. Senators are demanding more scrutiny after an investigative report published July 6 by ProPublica and The New Bedford Light found that billionaire foreign investors with links to private equity companies control “a sizable share” of the East Coast fishing industry, creating long work hours and elbowing-out independent fishermen. They already control East Coast pollock, haddock plus ocean perch, and are “pushing to expand into other parts of the industry. ” In a statement, Senator Richard Blumenthal called the report “alarming” and that it “raises serious concern about possible violations associated with federal law, ” which should be reviewed by the Justice Department. You can read more about this story here: ( ProPublica )
- A $30 billion contract for Lockheed Martin’s next generation F-35 stealth jet may be awarded soon—and that may be good news for New Hampshire. An exact number of next-generation fighter jets was not disclosed, but “will be provided once the contract is awarded, ” according to Lockheed Martin officials. The contract may come as soon as “this summer or even early fall, ” said the official, who asked not to be identified. The new F-35 jet will have secret components that are manufactured in New Hampshire. Lockheed Martin has a location in Nashua (Subscription/ The Union Leader )
- If you love The Friendly Toast in Bedford, the popular breakfast and brunch spot announced they will be opening a sixth location in Dedham, Massachusetts. The Dedham restaurant will be the ninth restaurant of the New England chain—and its sixth restaurant in Massachusetts. Like the other locations, the Friendly Toast in Dedham will serve all-day brunch, having a bar that serves “fun cocktails” and other beverages. ( MassLive. com )
From our recruit:
Proper hydration is critical for performing at your best mentally and physically each day, but popular electrolyte drinks on the market today are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. LMNT is a tasty electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. LMNT is formulated to help anyone with their electrolyte needs and is perfectly suited to folks following a keto, low-carb, or paleo diet, and it’s made without any of the junk – no sugar, no coloring, zero artificial ingredients, no gluten, and no fillers. Order your LMNT today and get a free gift with your purchase.
Today in Bedford:
- Kids Canvas Painting — Campfire. ( 6 p. m. )
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter .
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at paula. constance. [email protected] com