🌱 20M Views Bedford College Grad + Rally For Historical Green Space – Patch
Hey, everybody! It’s Wednesday in Bedford and I’m back in your inbox with everything happening in the Bedford area. Let’s go!
First, today’s weather:
Times of clouds and sun. High: 77 Low: 58.
Check out what our local sponsors can do for you:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1,000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free-market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at [email protected].
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- Bedford residents are rallying to save the “last historic district green space” next to the parking lot of the Bedford Public Library. Several residents are protesting a plan proposed by town officials to double parking next to the library on Meeting House Road by turning a green space into additional parking. Since early 1995, the library’s board of trustees has been pushing to double the parking, which they said is needed for library and town center events, but not everyone agrees. You can read the full story here: (Subscription/The Union Leader)
- A shout out to Bedford college grad Ishaan Chatterjee surprising his parents not once, but twice, by giving the graduation speech. The first time was at his high school graduation. The second time around, he made sure he surprised his parents at the University of Miami ceremony. After he gave the speech, he posted their reaction on TikTok, where “it became a viral sensation.” Chatterjee decided he would audition for the college student commencement speech after he received “a little encouragement” from a friend. The video now has more than 20 million views, with more than 4 million likes and 8,000 comments. (WMUR Manchester)
- The award-winning musical, “Legally Blonde, The Musical,” is playing at the Palace Theater in Manchester June 3-26. This fun musical “follows the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes and scandal in pursuit of her dreams.” (The Palace Theatre)
- If you love gardens, The Palace Theater Garden Tour will be on Saturday, June 18, from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. The 3rd Annual Garden Tour is a self-paced tour of several private gardens in Manchester, “with special stops along the way.” Registration is from 9:30 a.m. to noon at Demers Garden Center in Manchester. Bedford Fields of Bedford is also a sponsor! Tickets are $25 in advance, or $30 day of the event. (The Palace Theatre Queen City Garden Tour)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re caught up for today! I’ll see you soon.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at [email protected]